Saturday 25 December 2010

19- Elf order


Ordered from E.L.F several weeks ago, mainly to cure the curiosity of what their Studio stippling brush would be like.
At the moment, I apply my foundation (a mix between Mac face & body and Revlon colour stay) with my Ruby & Millie stippling brush. It's doing an okay job but it's getting quite flared and less dense so I thought I'd venture on the look out for new foundation brushes.

~~
My order consisted of:

Studio stippling brush
Complexion perfection
Nail varnish - Lilac and Desert haze
Mineral lipstick - Runway pink
All Over Color Stick- Lilac petal
Studio mist & set
Studio powder brush
~~

Complexion perfection is a powder that neutralises the imperfecting colours on your face. The redness around the nose and on the cheecks, the blues and purples under our eyes.
It's a very nice powder to set your foundation with. Light and does its job.
~
The nail varnishes take quite a while to dry and according to the colour, the colour pay off is slightly different from one another.
Lilac is quite a thin formula with very little colour payoff, takes around 3 coats.
Desert Haze on the other hand is quite thin but thicker in consistency and requires the one, two is desired.
~
Mineral lipstick- Love this. It's a pink but not the crazily pale sort. I like to mute all my lipsticks down by dabbing them on my lips or putting it on and then rubbing it over with my ring finger. The colour is very nice, good colour pay off and is quite moisturising.
~
The Studio powder brush is one of my favourites, I'm so glad I got this brush.
It's very well made, dense, feels nice and also doesn't shed!
The brush makes applying foundation twice as fast, buffers right into the skin for a flawless finish. £3.50 too! You can't buy decent brushes for this price these days.
~
The stippling brushes I bought two off, they're okay for the price, not as bad as I thought they might be. They're great for powder but not too sure for liquid foundation, as the bristles aren't very dense and is quite sparse and flimsy. Ideal application for powder, bronzer and blushers for a light and build-able finish.
~
Studio mist & set is basically like Fix+ for those of you who are familiar with MAC cosmetics. It's £3.50 for 6omls and it's supposed to be used to add a finish to your makeup and holds it in place. The liquid doesn't smell much of anything and it works well when mixed with your concealer and foundation, does definitely make your face makeup last. Non-sticky and lightweight.
~
The all over colour stick is a nice pretty colour, it's shimmery and has the smell of slightly over powering oranges. The scent I don't mind but some people may find it just a bit too much. The product is nice to put on the eyes as a inner corner highlighter or overall eyeshadow, but in my opinion too shimmery for the cheeks.

Overall it was a cheap and cheerful purchase from Elf. This is probably my 3rd order with them and nothing has gone wrong just yet. They definitely have some amazing products especially from their Studio line. Check them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment