Saturday 25 December 2010

22- Dough Bistro


With deadlines being over and done with and Christmas coming, me and my friends went to have a nice little meal to treat ourselves.

The Christmas menu was what we opted for, being £26.95 for 4 courses.
This is what I had.


[Confit of Yorkshire free-range duck topped with Yorkshire blue cheese served on creamed leek in a filo basket with plum sauce]
Not being such a great fan of blue cheese, the combination of everything together balanced well. The cheese with the sweet plum sauce and the tender duck with the crispy filo pastry, a very flavour full start.


[2nd course being Cranberry sauce and Drambuie sorbet]
A scoop of cranberry flavour sorbet to cleanse the palette for the main course, it was quite flavoursome, light and refreshing.


['Old Spot' Loin of pork served on warm mango, onion and chorizo salad, black pudding, whole-grain mustard crème & crayfish tails.
Served with roast potatoes, carrots, sprouts and spring beans]
I preferred the main out of the courses, this meal really hit the spot for me. The pork wasn't dry or chewy, with the mix of the salad, black pudding and mustard creme it was a very successful pick.


[Lemon & black pepper crème brule cheesecake on cookie biscuit base served with blueberry coulis and white chocolate crisp]
A lemon cheesecake with essentially slightly burned sugar on the top, it was slightly too soft for my liking but I still gobbled it up! Also I couldn't detect the black pepper, maybe that was a good thing?


Overall the food was very nice and was presented well. The little bistro is situated quite at an usual place with a quiet atmosphere and average interior.
I'd definitely go again as I'd like to see what they have to offer during the none Christmas period. The food was definitely worth the money, go go go!



No comments:

Post a Comment