Sunday 25 November 2012

29- NUXE Reve de Miel Stick Levres Hydratant tick


This lipbalm is definitely not worth the hype..well the stick form that is!
I have heard so many good things about this lipbalm on youtube and on blogs that when I saw it, without contemplating I just bought it!
Unfortunately the stick form isn't as good as the jar form! As I have researched after the purchase...
The formulation is different.

Nuxe claims:
NUXE Reve de Miel Stick Levres Hydratant Lip Moisturizing Stick nourishes, repairs, soothes and protects the lips with Precious Sunflower and Macadamia Nut Oils, Barley Extract, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Honey and Vitamin E derivative.
and..
NUXE Reve de Miel Stick Levres Hydratant Lip Moisturizing Stick has been tested in extremely cold conditions in Canada, and has proven to protect against external aggression (88%*). Softness and suppleness are restored to lips (75%*).
(I have to disagree there Nuxe..)

I have tried convincing myself that this was a good purchase for a long time, just because I normally spend about £2 or even less for a chapstick. Having spending nearly a fiver on this lipbalm I was in denial as it was unforgivable!
The application goes on smoothly but it is very thin with a light citrus honey scent and flavour. The appearance of the lipbalm gives no shine, it's matte which is nice.
I took this lipbalm for a 3 day camping trip for a test, thinking this was all my lips needed and I was very wrong!
No matter how much I slavered on, my lips were not getting any better or moisturised..they were doing the opposite and drying up! None of the product was sinking it, it just laid on top as a layer and rubbed off gradually. My lip was painfully cracked in the middle with dried flaking skin everywhere! My lips felt so unbearable, that I subconsciously started licking them!

After further determination, still denying I have bought a rubbish lipbalm I have realised something...this lipbalm is only good if your lips are already moisturised. Wow, I found a positive! That's it. Nada. There is nothing further good I have to say.
I wouldn't recommend buying this lipbalm, maybe buying the jar version would be better..but considering the price I think there are better things out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment