Wednesday 19 December 2012

34- Skinfood Argan oil silk hair mask


My hair isn't and hasn't been in a good condition in years.
My friends often recall my hair as being a rat's tail or hay, which I don't blame them for.
My hair is brittle, dry and prone to being fluffy and having split ends but I think it is all due to my every day hair washing.
I just can't stop myself though, I don't know how to style unwashed, freshly out of bed hair!
My hair is everywhere, tangly and even sometimes slightly greased

So I bought this hair mask for about £5 for 200g and I use this just about every week.

Skinfood claims:
A hair mask with argan oil and silk that transforms dry damaged hair into healthy shiny tresses.
Argan oil nourishes hair and increases the moisture content.
18 amino acids, proteins and peptides in silk replenish lost nutrients.


My boyfriend likes to call the silky sensation felt on the hair as 'feeling like seaweed'.
You can decide for yourself whether this is good or not but I can definitely tell the difference when it is used.
The silky feeling on the hair isn't like any other conditioner or mask I have ever used and it is so hard to describe.
After washing my hair, I wring my hair so most of the excess water has gone. I place a whole generous dollop into my hair and start off rubbing the product into the ends of my hair, where it is most needed.
Around 5 minutes or sometimes more, depending on how long you stay in the shower for, I rinse all the product out and I'm left with soft, smooth, fly aways free hair!
I would say the results lasts for 2 days with my hair and it wears off...so maybe I need something better?
The mask smells nice, nothing special and isn't very strong.
The consistency is quite thick in appearance and looks opaque like mayonnaise.
I am yet to try using this mask more than once a week to see optimal results, but I will post an edit.



Overall this product is nice and isn't overly expensive but if you have extremely damaged hair then maybe it is best to use it more than once a week on top of your normal conditioner.
I would recommend this product to normal /slightly damaged haired girls and boys but maybe something more intensive is needed for the very damaged and dried type.

No comments:

Post a Comment