Saturday 29 December 2012

36- The Moon cup!

In Korea , most women use sanitary towels. Tampons are very much rare and expensive for something so disposable.
When my friend from England was going to post a parcel to me, I took a chance with the Moon cup.
I have been thinking about getting one for years but I never thought I'd be buying one so soon.
At the moment I am teaching in Korea and my tampon supply is going to last, I always wondered what I would do after when I go travelling around the world.
Not only is the Moon cup the perfect solution to buying and carrying tampons, it is also much environmentally friendly, cost effective and LEAK FREE!
The Moon cup is a grade A silicone cup which is inserted into the vagina to collect your menstrual flow. The cup placement is much lower in the vagina which makes the product very easy to use, especially younger ladies being scared of pulling out their tampon by the string, or losing tampons inside of them.

I have used the Moon cup now for 3 months now and so far it is becoming more normal to me.
I know over time, this product will be very normal to me that I don't have to spend a little more time in the morning to prepare my day ahead.
The first time of using it, there were a few things which needed to hurdle over.
The placement of the product, how to put it in and get it out and finally the stem length.
The stem length is very important to get it right, otherwise it will jab you basically..it can be uncomfortable.
Over time, just like sanitary towel and tampons, you get used to it and you won't have to think twice.

The product overall is very easy to use, especially if you have graduated in the art of using tampons. Its not a big leap from that but cutting the stem length was a bit nerve wrecking.
The whole cup is made from silicone, so if you cut too much, your  £20 worth of product isn't going to give you its optimal experience.
So be wise and cut a little bit at a time and insert it to check it is just right.
You will know when it is right, trust me. Also wetting the Moon cup first with water is very effective and makes insertion a lot lot easier!
The disposable of your flow may disgust some of you but it is totally normal...in fact quite interesting to see how much you actually dispel.
The product is comfortable and user friendly. The leaflets that came with the Moon cup were full of useful information and that makes using the Moon cup a less daunting task.
If you are thinking about getting one, just go and do it, there are so many benefits!

http://www.mooncup.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment