Saturday 1 December 2012

31- Skinfood Watery Berry Serum


I waited for my pay check to buy this serum, not because it was expensive but I felt like I needed a reason to buy it. I have so many other things to use up first!

I really like this serum, I have received endless samples from purchasing other Skinfood products before I made my decision.
I have oily skin which is majorly on my T-zone, I wouldn't say I'm the oiliest person in the world but I'm probably in the middle. I usually have to blot my face or powder myself or I'd feel very uncomfortable, the feeling of wearing a mask on my face.


This product is watery, like in its name. I like that it's very light and refreshing, not thick or sticky so the absorption time is very quick. My beauty regimes and application of make up is all about being quick, I am quite a lazy person and don't have the patience to wait, or at least get out of bed earlier to do things without rushing..
I literally get out of the shower, apply this serum on straight away and within 15 seconds I am left with soft and moisturised skin.
The berry fragrance can be described as slightly artifical...but it's not too overpowering or sickly.
I choose to buy the serum over the emulsion as well because I thought it did a much better job. Even though the emulsion is cheaper and contains more product, you need a lot more product to get the same results.
As for packaging, the emulsion does not come with a pump! So using this product in combination that it is a glass bottle design with a narrow opening would be more difficult than necessary! Skinfood, if you are reading this, you need pumps on glass bottled products!
My serum packaging is definitely very nice, the bottle shape, how you can see the product, having pump, the irridescent glitter and overall wintery design makes my make up area a little bit nicer to look at!

Overall I really like this product, I have been using it for over a month now. I would say it's going to be on my repurchase list BUT I need to go and try a few other products from their brand first. I only have 6 more months of endless choices, lots of samples and cheaper prices!
This product is ideal for people who don't like thick moisturisers, likes to feel refreshed, as well as the oily skinned.

No comments:

Post a Comment